Episode 18: Mysteries Unraveled

We stood under the central plaza in the Grand Chantry, awaiting whatever unknown horror might come out from behind it. Other people might have been expectant of great knowledge to be revealed (tomes tucked away for our perusal perhaps), but we knew better - or at least we had come to expect nothing so optimistic. Mokuzai's tension was palpable as he began to sing.

The doors opened to blackness. Not darkness. Blackness. It was alike a nearly-palpable wall of night. After some careful prodding, then HighDive's 'ballsy' rush in, we followed in kind. What we witnessed was some sort of ghost-view of a trial that happened long ago. A Dusk Sage in chains was being judged by the rest. His mask was torn off...the same mask Elder Winter had passed on to Mokuzai.

The captive Dusk Sage only had time to apologize for what he was going to do (that didn't give me warm-fuzzies) before his chains broke. I ran hell-bent from the room, Mokuzai managed to close the door, and we waited. Only to find that he had floated through the ceiling of his chamber into the plaza above. He floated above the ground, but we all jumped at him to see if we could deal any damage at all. I put on his old mask and found that I could see a unique spot in his torso - that is where Griever found its mark. While we all tested our battle theories, we also started to attack each other...WTF?

Not hand-to-hand, but it felt as if our kata-karianas were ripped from our bodies towards our allies. Thank goodness the Onis hadn't done that to us! And just when things couldn't get any worse, a crud-load of Hei-Shi just *appeared* all over the Chantry. Bullets, blue blades, and katas were flying everywhere. Damn it, just die Sage! I jumped up to attack, and I don't remember hitting the ground...

***

I woke up on the top of a mountain. Lovely. There was a Hei-Shi beside me. Hmm. He had his blade halfway through my neck. (Gather malice) **NNNOOOOO**
As I lost consciousness again I was treated to the sight of a horrible Goshi soldier turning inside out in a spray of blood.

No comments:


Ruins

Cities