Kick-Ass Queen: One Vicious Raptor

The Kick-Ass King/Queen Award goes to the character who most players agree did the most devastation in the coolest way through the entire season. This prestigious award is accompanied not only by the trophy emblem (right), but by 5, count them 5, of the coveted red Never Gems. The honored recipient of the first ever Kick-Ass Queen Award is Una the Griever-wielding Vorax.

Despite being a member of the most fragile species of Karians, widely regarded as the symbolic bearers of the vitality of Karia, Una makes a statement with her 7' long double-ended Scythe known as a Griever. Carrying a weapon that is taller than she is and standing with a jaunty pose that says, "I know 101 ways to disembowel people who annoy me," Una consistently made her foes, eyeless or otherwise, regret their decision to tangle with a feathered funnel cloud of fury.

Party members recall with admiration and horror moments like the time, after she had buried one curved blade in the neck of an eyeless abomination on the balcony above her, she ran along the wall twisting her weapon till the head popped off and it rained gore.

"Yeah, I was scarred for life by that one. I still see it in my dreams," Moses said.

Not everyone was necessarily negative about it though. Rei, for example, had this to say, "With Una, it's really a spectator art. To the untrained eye one bisected torso looks just like another, but those of us who can appreciate such things notice delicate aesthetic sensibilities."

Even Moses concedes that she really took it to a new level though once she acquired the Blood of the Fallen Vorax technique and began flaying her opponents from the inside out. Mentioning her malice focusing talent gets every head in the room nodding.

"I'm not sure I fully appreciated the potency of that woman until I saw her turn Nero's arm into a gore spattered skeleton," Kiyoshi said, speaking for everyone, in the group. "There's something about that kind of power that demands respect."

"Respect, hell she scares the shit out of me," Rei quipped. "When Mama Pain had Kiyoshi here in the pleasure seat she let me know in no uncertain terms that she could pop my head off like a cork."

High Dive, munching on some candy, perked up then, "Gross."

"Like a cork. Pop."

That's One Vicious Raptor, and our very own Kick-Ass Queen.

3 comments:

Mario said...

Mokuzai: "You did WHAT!?"

Douglas Underhill said...

That's awesome. I love that the awards take place in fictional meta-game.

Anonymous said...

@Mokuzai

Geez, everyone seems so shocked by that. He was an eyeless abomination who happened to be standing on the balcony I needed to get up on. What better place to secure Griever, so that I could swing up, than his neck? I mean really.. The fact that his head popped off was just a bonus.

*grin*


Ruins

Cities