Narrator's Best Friend: Man, Machine, Legend

The Narrator's Best Friend Award goes to the character who most players agree consistently added great stuff to the story be it with NPC's or character choices through the entire season. This prestigious award is accompanied not only by the trophy emblem (right), but by 5, count them 5, of the coveted blue Never Gems. The honored recipient of the first ever Narrator's Best Friend Award is Moses the gentle Mechified savior.

At 2 meters in height Moses makes an impression when you first meet him, but despite his rough miner exterior, Moses breaks the mold a little bit with his gentle nature. When you realize that this is a guy who can hammer straight through bedrock and doesn't even have to breathe air if he doesn't want to, the fact that he's so accessible comes as a big surprise. After having seen his face in graffiti for so long, I was almost nervous when I went to do the interview, but he put me right at ease.

"Yeah, Moses is like that," Kiyoshi told me while filling my cup with tea. "I remember the first time I saw him, he was busting into the Goshi Corp Tower and he had a huge hunk of concrete raised over his head, but then he just spent all his energy trying to keep people from getting hurt. I knew right away that he isn't your average rebel leader."

Though he doesn't like to brag about it, Moses really is the catalyst for a lot of the stuff that happens in the campaign. From his spectacular break-in at the Goshi Tower to inspiring a whole army of Mechified to wage war against the oppressive regime of the Biomade Mega-Corporations, Moses has been right in the thick of it. Perhaps most memorable of all was the time he set Goshi up with his own surrender - a debacle that ended with thousands dead or wounded as a battle broke out in the streets.

When asked what he thinks about his companions being so loyal that they would try to rescue him under those circumstances, Moses is characteristically humble.

"I wish they wouldn't," he says in an understated way.

His companions know better than to let such a remarkable man get away from them. He's always teaching them something new. High Dive for example recalls, "He's made me a much more effective saboteur. That whole lefty-loosy thing. I was always getting it backwards before."

"Yeah," Una chimed in, "He's got this way of making you feel like you're fighting for a cause, so when you dig your talons into the enemy it's just so much more fulfilling. Isn't it Moses?"

Moses modestly looked out the window, but heads were nodding all around.

Rei probably articulated what everyone was feeling, "I mean, at first I was just following him so I could assassinate him, but after the things he's shown me. I would follow him anywhere and kill anyone he asked. He's just that special."

Man, Machine, Legend: Moses.

1 comment:

Douglas Underhill said...

Hilarious! See you in twenty minutes or so.


Ruins

Cities