Contemplating Forgiveness

It happened right after. I was in the flophouse basement basking in the sweet atmosphere of vengeance. The bodies of Sever (without a jaw) and Stitch (without a stomach) lay upon the ground. These boys who had caused so much pain and harm were finally dead. I thought I couldn't be happier. Then I glanced over to Rei. Someone wouldn't be very happy about this.

{{{FORGIVENESS}}}

The word echoed in my head like a gong. I tried to shake it away as I picked up Rei's vivisected body. How could forgiveness for horrible Cheldrun like Sever and Stitch possibly help Karia achieve the answer she desires? She gave me the power both to hurt and to heal. What does that mean?

My mouth sings a lullaby, and glowing blue tears flow down my chest and arms onto Rei's body as I run out of the smashed basement. Maybe forgiveness doesn't mean not fighting, but what does it mean? Moses' essence is blissfully self-explanatory. Do I just stand there and the end of days and tell everything, "I forgive you"? That can't be all there is to it.

Rei became conscious, and I had to affirm that her 'brothers' were truly dead. She ran off, and I wondered how I would feel if she hated me for killing Sever. I wondered if it would mean the world to me... If indeed it would mean all existence to me...

2 comments:

Aric Clark said...

Beautiful Stacia.

I highly encourage all players to follow her example (and Doug's) and contemplate what your prophetic meaning is. I look forward to each of your interpretations of the concept to which you are tied. And I welcome suggestions for how you might wish to enact it in game.

Douglas Underhill said...

Also, feel free to ignore Moses and obey your Kyo-Tee-Shee. I'm curious as to how that'll work out...


Ruins

Cities